We invited Joanie over for a casual little birthday dinner. Friday, her actual birthday, she had plans with friends, so she came over Saturday. We had hamburgers and
turkey burgers on the grill, roasted asparagus ( which Heather loved and devoured), and roasted potato wedges. While I cooked, Wes, Joanie and the kids went outside.

Did you know that
Spiderman rides a bike - with training wheels?

I hope Joanie doesn't mind me showing her age on the
internet! Lemon cheesecake pie.
.jpg)
Cole did not enjoy our rendition of Happy Birthday as much as Estelle's. Go figure.
.jpg)
She had a lot of little hands helping to open her gift.
.jpg)
The whole evening, Cole tried to convince Joanie to stay for a sleepover. In this picture he can't take his eyes off the pie. Lucky for him, his birthday is coming right up!
.jpg)
Again, Happy Birthday Joanie.
Thanks for sharing your photos of your lovely celebration for Joan.
ReplyDeleteHow nice of you to have a birthday celebration for Joan. Wherever did you find the time, with all the e-mails there are to keep up with about the "Most Handsome Brother" competition????
ReplyDeleteIt was a lovely time, and Darlene is amazing to get it all ready! It was delicious!!!! The company was perfect. I could not get over how Heather is talking up a storm...she can say anything! And I got to hear Wayne play his old and new pieces on the piano. BTW, back upstairs I got to hear Wes playing one of his compositions on the piano from downstairs that makes you think George Winston has snuck in...and I bet the woman from Romania doesn't even know about that!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great birthday celebration! Cole at one point said, "What is so great about Joanie moving into the old house?" Some people just put everything in perspective!!
SAM
oh my, look at that pie! Darlene, did you make that pie? How did you get the whipped cream to look so professional?
ReplyDeleteIf only Oana knew how much interest her comments have stirred up across the Atlantic.
Joanie's birthday looks like a nice mix of winter and spring!
At the lunch table I mentioned to Sam Jr that I thought The Lady in Black had wandered into Photo #1 from another century.
ReplyDeleteShe had had the very same thought.