Last night after getting ready for bed, the kids wrote letters to Santa.
Wayne had his in an envelope ready to mail before I had a chance to take a picture of it, but he asked for some big kid toys like a DSI and a wii and some Star Wars stuff.
This is Heather's letter, as transcribed by Cole. It says, "a doll, a baby with a stroller, a sticker book, a paddle ball." Heather wrote the big "from Heather" herself.
I didn't know that Cole wrote a letter of his own last night. I thought he spent the whole time helping Heather with hers, but this morning I found this on the floor by his bed.


It looks like he wrote 20 dollars at the top of the list, but then tried to erase it.
It says, " Dear Santa, I want new shoes, a better Darth Vader (costume, I think he means), a spring action saber (light saber), a watch, a real star fish, a robot, a wish, no more homework, a DSI."
I've been feeling like quite a Grinch lately, but these letters are beginning to give even me the Christmas spirit.




Chris and I had to look up what a DSI was, as I was clueless! Hope some of their wishes come true! Can't believe how well Cole transcribed Heather's wish list!! As the kids get older, I know their wishes don't usually fit in stockings! We had a red Santa mail mailbox at the Richmond PO, so the kids could mail their Santa letters, and Santa would write them back!! It was very exciting for them!!
ReplyDeleteThese are adorable letters - I love Cole's PS message and his request for no homework... maybe that letter should be CC'd to his teacher. :)
ReplyDeletePrecious! Precious!
ReplyDeleteAnd to think that you found Cole's letter next to his bed. So cute!
I love his P. S. (I believe in you Santa)
Heather writes so well and I am so impressed with how Cole writes. He is just a first grader.
I miss having little ones around at Christmas and all their excitement!
What the heck is a DSI?
ReplyDeleteAdorable letters. Love the erased 20 dollars, my favorite part. So Sally Brown.
For those of you who are out of the loop, a DSI is a small, portable, handheld Nintendo video game system. Santa will NOT be bringing that this year. Wayne wanted one last year too, but when I doscovered I could buy him a mountain bike for the same price, I figured that would be a better choice.
ReplyDeleteP.S. My favorite part of Cole's letter is that he asked for "a wish."
ReplyDeleteJust too sweet! I just called over the librarian at the library and made her read them!!!
ReplyDeleteSAM
After spending so much time correcting homework, then entering everything into my gradebook, I totally agree with Cole's request!!
ReplyDeletexo La