Wednesday, January 1, 2014

More Winter Wonderland

Like I said, we're just trying to enjoy the winter despite the single digit temps. 
In the morning, before Peter and Jeanne's party, Wayne and I went for a snowshoe.
 On another day, Heather and I went up to "the fort." 
 We saw deer tracks.
 We decided that sometime soon we're going to make some sandwiches and hot cocoa and snowshoe up for a winter picnic in the fort.
 Today, the coldest day of all, Cole and I went out for a snowshoe stroll. It was beautiful, but bitter. Later, Wes, Wayne, and Heather shoveled off the pond for some bumpy skating. No pictures of that.
He had trouble with his snowshoes and kept falling down. Or maybe he just couldn't see.


 Beaver pond - Cole and I visited today, and later learned that Joanie also visited this spot not too long after us.

And  lastly, the news that after a long life of hard work, the truck is living out it's retirement at an auto parts place.  Bye-bye old chevy. Enjoy your retirement.

5 comments:

  1. Things I found funny in this blog entry:
    1. Cole's facemask and Cole falling while snowshoeing.
    2. Heather's had slid down over one eye so that it looked like she could hardly see.

    So glad that ALL of you are getting out in this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boo hoo. That Chevy was my friend. Sorry to see it go, but know it had to be done. I had a lot of fun banging around the NEK with Dad in that truck in 95-96.
    Meanwhile, we are wishing we had your snow! Back in Nice and it's raining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That old truck sure did have a life of work and fun!! That was great you got a photo of it--it really didn't look so bad in that photo!
    Let me know when you take a hike to the pinnacle!!!
    Love, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you get your kids out in the cold and find all sorts of fun things to do outside!! They also know how to dress warm, even if it means that can't see out of their face mask!! Dad would be happy to know that his truck got many more years of service to your family! Love Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much winter time fun in your family! Bring on the snow -- it's all just ice down here!
    I guess I didn't know about the fort -- does it also serve as a deer stand?
    Happy New Year to the Alexanders in Glover!

    ReplyDelete