Saturday, March 22, 2014

Joanie's Birthday and First Day of Spring

Two major events happened this week: Joanie had a birthday and spring began.
Wes bought a cake and Heather blobbed on something that is supposed to say Happy Birthday Joanie, but the tube of  writing gel proved to be difficult to work with. It's the thought that counts.



 Joanie opens a couple of gifts and cards.

 Meanwhile, this is what the first day of spring looks like in Vermont.

 And here are just a few random shots of daily life: at piano lessons on a Wednesday afternoon, with 3 lessons in a row, we're in it for the long haul. It's a good time to catch up on some reading, get homework done...

Practice spelling words and rocket math...
...or do some artwork. 
Hope you're having a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. How nice that you had a little bday celebration for Jo Jo. So nice of you!

    I remember those long hauls at piano lessons, but I don't believe I ever had three there at a time, just two I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Darlene, for bringing the family over --especially on a school night! Enjoyed and appreciated it all--the cake and ice cream, gifts, and piano concert wafting up from the basement. It was fun to see pictures of the kids waiting for their lessons!! It does look like a nice place to relax!
    Love, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud that all 3 of the kids are sticking with the piano lessons!! Wish I had!! What a pretty cake for Joanie! So special to have you help her celebrate! You do have a lot of snow!!

    ReplyDelete