Last night Wayne played in the Northeast District Junior High Music Festival. It's put on by Rotary and held at North Country High School.
Last year we had a good view of Wayne. Unfortunately, this year, they put the trumpets in the back.
You can just barely see the top of Wayne's head.The concert consisted of a concert band, a chorus, and another concert band. Wayne was in the 2nd concert band, as he was last year. I wonder if they purposely save the best for last, because both times I thought the 2nd band was much better than the first. Maybe I'm biased! The chorus was fabulous this year. Cole was even enthralled, after I had forced him to come to the concert on the grounds that "it would be a good experience" for him.He will most likely be a part of this next year as a 7th grader. As much as he complained about going, in the end I think he really enjoyed hearing a decent band and chorus of kids his age. Also, thank you to Joanie for coming!
When you have a few minutes to spare or take a listen while you do your housework:
You might recognize this one as "the drunken sailor."




Very impressive concert! Proud of Wayne!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite was "A Song For Friends", I think.
Was there a day long practice in advance of the evening concert?
Glad that both Cole and Joan went, too!
Hi Lisa. They practiced a little bit with their music teacher at Glover. Wayne and his friend Asom were the only band members from Glover who went. That morning they were able to go to part of their math class at Lake Region and then a bus took them from LR to North Country where they practiced all day and then had a pizza dinner.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great experience for Wayne and Asom!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great concert!! I did get to see Wayne enter the stage, and that was the last I saw of him til after the concert! But he looked very handsome and was wearing a bowtie instead of a tie that he had borrowed from a friend. There were 10 trumpeters up there and we could hear them, but not see them! Quite amazing to think of all the kids involved!
ReplyDeleteLove, Joanie