Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers

Isn't it a shame that we don't appreciate our mothers until after the fact?

I don't think I will ever let my kids drive a car, or go to college far away from me. After all the work I've done to keep them safe and healthy, watch over them vigilantly when their sick, feed them, teach them, worry about them. I will never be brave enough to let them go.

That is what I admire about our mothers. As much as they loved us and took painstaking care of us as children, only to be unappreciated for it, they somehow mustered the courage to let us go. I can't imagine how they did it.




It wasn't until I became a parent, that I realized how strong and brave our mothers really are.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to mothers! We think both of your mothers are truly beautiful! No wonder those three kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh for the love of pete, what are you trying to do, make me cry over here in France? Now I know I'm a bad mother because of course I don't think about not letting go. I think about WHEN CAN I let go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photo of your mother!!

    (mine too of course!)

    love,
    laura

    ReplyDelete