
Yesterday morning I was out early to go jogging when a deer thundered across the front yard right in front of me. It really startled me. I just stood there thinking, "Oh my gosh. I don't think I've ever been that close to a deer before." Then this morning, it was out back eating grass next to the garden (luckily not in the garden). It bounded away when I krept out to take this picture, and then stopped to turn and look at me. There has also been a moose around, but I haven't been able to get picture.

Wayne spotted this fox up by our raspberry bushes a week or so ago.

These are some irises I transplanted from Mom and Dad's house a couple of years ago.

And some irises we transplanted from Martha's house a few years ago. The ones from Maine are a little smaller and a lighter purple color. The ones from Martha's are larger and a darker purple. They look nice together.

Yes, Wayne is a cutie, even without teeth!
ReplyDeleteLoved the pictures of the deer and fox. Must have been exciting to have the deer so close.
I could take a picture of the dog poop on the streets of Nice?
ReplyDeleteYour irises look lovely.
Watch out for that Moose. You know it's probably Dad!
the photos are beautiful! Glad no rapid raccoons spotted!!
ReplyDeletemake that rabid.
ReplyDelete"Big ears are a sign of intelligence!" -WHA
ReplyDeleteas often comfortingly repeated to me by Sam, jr.
THanks for the news and the lovely photos....you are very good with the camera!!
ReplyDeletexo auntie laura