
Thanks to my sister-in-law, Christine, we didn't go hungry at Mom and Dad's 60th anniversary. I wish I had gotten a picture of all the crock pots full of delicious things she had made, not to mention salads, sandwiches, chips, veggies and dip. She did it all. All I brought was the paper products. My defense is that a 6 hour drive from Vermont would have spoiled any food that I might have tried to bring.
Also what I didn't get a picture of was the cake my sister, Diane brought. What was wrong with me that day? I usually take pictures of everything.
Heather is the first granddaughter to come along for my parents. However, they did have a few great-granddaughters to prepare them for her arrival.
Here she discovers her long, lost twin in her 2nd cousin, Ava Marie (first cousin once removed? I don't know.) I tried and tried to get a picture of them together, but they were extremely uncooperative,as you can see. Ava is 5 weeks older than Heather.
See the family resemblance?

Also thanks to my sister-in-law, Christine, we had some nice shade from this canopy so we could sit out on the lawn.

Here's Elizabeth (Christine and David's granddaughter) with Ava.

More great-granddaughters, Kiana who will be going into 4th grade, and her younger sister Anastasia, who will starting kindergarten very soon.
I did get a few pictures of some grown-ups, but they told me they'd kill me if I put them on the blog. So you'll just have to make due with these cute kids.
Stay tuned one of these days of Wayne and Heather at the shore.


Ava and Heather could be twins as they look so much alike. What fun it was to see some of your side of the family, Darlene. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
ReplyDeleteIsn't that just too cool, that your parents had greatgranddaughters even before they had a granddaughter!! And then to have one each just weeks apart--even cooler! I did think there was lots of family resemlance! Someday someone will be posting those little girls' 60th anniversary photos, or whatever replaces blogs in the future!!
ReplyDelete