Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Back!

We're back on line and I've got lots of pictures to show you. I'll have to to it in installments, because I can't upload them all today.
First of all, many heartfelt thanks to Edwin, Cedric, Tyler, Peter, Martha, Chris, Mary, Laura, and Joanie who were here helping with this big move. It was a long day of heavey work, and we greatly appreciate every one's help.

Let's start with moving day. It was exciting when the day finally arrived. We'd been thinking about it and planning for it for months. It was funny to see some of this furniture that had come from Grammie's house go back to Grammie's house.

Martha and Joanie show off their muscles.



The couch goes for a ride in Tyler's truck.




Joanie and Laura help keep the kids out of trouble. They both brought games, puzzles, and other activities to keep the kids busy and out of the way.





What a job to dismantle the playground...




and move it. I wish I had gotten a picture of Peter driving this precariously down the field, but I missed it. What a sight!



A break for lunch on the porch.


After lunch, it was back to the business of putting this thing back together. It was no sooner assembled, than the kids were out there on it.




Then came more furniture. Heather's crib in the "sewing room."



Wayne and Cole's bunk beds in Julie's old room.



Check in within the next couple of days for more moving day pictures and scenes from our first week in our new home!


3 comments:

  1. Whoo-hoo!! Darlene, it is so good to have you back online and blogging. Even though I was there, what fun to see it all again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed seeing the pictures of the move. What fun for us sitting on the couch watching everyone else work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete