After dance class this morning, Heather decided she wanted to go bow hunting.
Here she is looking nearly as stealthy as Katniss in her Dora the Explorer boots, capri pants, jacket from one of her favorite aunts, Wayne's hunting vest, hand crocheted hat, and pink clip-on hair extension.
I never got around to doing a blog post about this, but during the last days of summer vacation, Wayne built a "tree stand" just in the woods near the house. That's where Heather chose to do her hunting. At one point, she thought she heard a deer scurry nearby. She drew her bow and aimed vaguely in that direction. The bowstring went "boing" and the arrow glided gently into the leaves on the ground in front of her. It was a miss, but at least she took a chance.



My goodness!! I just happened to be going by the Town Hall when dance must have been getting out, and I noticed these two little girls dressed in pink getting into a van (not yours) and I thought that maybe Heather was riding home with another girl...when I got closer, I realized it wasn't her at all, but there were many girls in pink coming out of dance class, but probably she was one of the few/only who then went bow hunting!!!!
ReplyDeleteDarlene, were you packing a bow??
It sure was a nice day to be sitting in a deer stand!! SAM
No, I was only packing my camera.
DeleteWell, well, well! That sure was an interesting post! Heather out bow hunting with her pink feather hair extension and all!
ReplyDeleteShe is the prettiest bow hunter in the Northeast Kingdom, that's for sure!