Saturday, June 14, 2014

Done.

 Another school year is done. It's a mixed feeling of relief and a little bit of sadness - a reminder that the kids are growing and time is going fast. That saying, "The days are long but the years are short," is so true. Hard to believe that my baby girl will be going into 2nd grade.

At the same time, I am so proud and grateful to have such smart, strong, and healthy kids who enjoy school and do so well. I see many kids and families struggling with the challenges of school. I really appreciate what we have here with these 3 gems.

Wayne, Cole, and Heather all did extremely well this year. Wayne made high honors again with all A's. Heather doesn't get letter grades yet, her teacher claims she's above and beyond in math and reading. Cole got all A's except for a B+ in art, of all things. Cole says that whenever his class has art, at least 12 kids get sent to the office. There's only 7 kids in his class. I loved the comments his classroom teacher wrote  on his report card:
In case you have trouble reading, "I am so going to miss Cole. He has grown so much this year, and has been a positive influence on his peers. My favorite thing about Cole is that he is not afraid to be who he is. Never lose your love for physics, Cole. I expect you to do great things for our world. Have a great summer!"

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Wayne, Cole, and Heather on another successful school year! Enjoy your summer break with Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene (and Wes!) we are all so proud of Wayne, Heather and Cole!! Lots of congratulations go to you two, too!!
    That is so true what you said about long days, short years--I had never heard that before, but so true!
    Lov,e Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, you and I are on the same wavelength. I too have realized that things are moving fast. Congrats on your children being super students. Such an accomplishment! Bravo to them, and to their parents!

    ReplyDelete