Even though our winter was relatively mild, it seemed like a very long one, so these longer and warmer days have been a welcome treat. Here are some signs that spring is just around the corner:
Bikes and mud.
Wayne reads Harry Potter while keeping an eye on the boiling sap.
Indoor seed starting. I've never had much luck with this, but thought we'd give it a try. Here we have tomatoes and watermelon (?!)
Another sure sign of Spring? Spike is shedding and not looking so handsome.
Nothing to do with Spring, but adorable none the less, is Heather's concentration as she tries her hand at sewing.








Just beautiful photos, Darlene. You captured spring for sure!
ReplyDeleteSAM
Isn't spring wonderful??
ReplyDeleteNice to see that Wayne has found a way to "watching the sap boil" even more interesting.
Heather does seem to have great powers of concentration as she sews.
I have never grown my vegetable plants from seeds. I'm too lazy! What fun for W, C, and H, though!
It was 70 degrees here today - pure heaven!
Love, Lisa
Once again I feel like a lazy city Mom when I look at your blog. I miss mud! ha ha beautiful photos Darlene.
ReplyDeleteWe never have luck with starting our seeds indoors either. This year we are going to direct sow everything! Maybe we'll even get to start early with the warm weather predicted!
ReplyDeleteLast year I got a fancy seed starting kit from Burpee with a self-watering mat and a "greenhouse" plastic cover. Since it was such a grey spring last year, my seeds never dried out enough and it became the attack of the mold! Your method looks a lot better; let us know how it works.
ReplyDeleteLove all your spring pictures!
Darlene, love the photo of Wayne reading HP, with the steam in front! He looks so engrossed! I boiled sap and made over 1 1/3 cup syrup which I have enjoyed on my waffles! Think that is all the sap I will get, with the weather so warm! Wondered what Heather is sewing? I am thrilled that she enjoys making all those tiny little stitches! Good luck with your plants!
ReplyDeleteWhat did you use to put the seedlings in? Looks interesting! Great pics as usual,happy sugaring! xox La
ReplyDelete