Friday was a half day of school for the boys. Cole complained of tummy troubles so he stayed home and then, as you see, made a miraculous recovery and had a great time visiting the pond with Heather while Wayne was in school . I've checked a few times, and seen no sign of our ducks, so I guess they've moved on. We've had so much stuff going on lately with school, ball games and practices, piano lessons, trips to Maine, that I think Cole really needed to take a "personal day."
The first grade "class pets" came home so we could get them some fresh pond water.
We actually didn't keep nearly this many.
Later, when Wayne came home, he worked on a project.
Can you tell what it's going to be? It's not done yet.
We're looking forward to the rest of the long weekend and doing absolutely nothing except going to the cemetery and catching up on some yard work.










Happy Memorial Day Weekend, Darlene!
ReplyDeleteGlad the kids are enjoying the pond so much.
Loved the fact that Heather is out there with her skirt and pink boots mucking in the pond! So cute!
Glad Cole got his down time. Everyone needs that!
I am guessing that Wayne made a bird bath, as it looks to tall to be a chicken feeder. Am I correct?
I voted for bird bath too! Was it something taught in school, or did Wayne think it all up himself? How neet! Glad that Cole's day off was full of learning about pond life! Especially as he has a great teacher @ home!!
ReplyDeleteDad knew what he was doing when he put in that pond.
ReplyDeleteWhat a huge frog! So neat!
ReplyDelete