Four days ago, we were wearing winter jackets, boots, and snowpants. We were making a snowman in 14 inches of snow.
Today we wore shorts, sunscreen, and bug spray in the 80 degree muginess.
Cole has learned how to pump, and spent most of the day on the swing. Yes, I know, he's in his stocking feet and wearing mismatched socks. If you know Cole, then you know how he is about clothes. His shoes fell off as he was swinging, because he doesn't like to tie them.
I the afternoon, it was a cemetary work day, straightening up some old stones. In this picture you can see Wes kneeling down, Danny and Mary. Paul was there too, but I think you can't see him kneeling down behind the stone and people.
Jacob looks like a giant next to Wayne and Cole. These guys played a great game of hide and seek among the stones.
Future heart breaker.
It's pretty strange when you're thinking about breaking out the bathing suits but haven't packed up the snow pants yet. What will tomorrow bring?






I agree that the weather has been insane! The bugs sure did notice that there's no snow- they were horrid here today!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was hot here today too!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Cole for learning how to pump! I know that is such a big accomplishment for a child!
Wayne looks like he adores Jacob in the picture of them sitting with Cole at the cemetery. How nice that they all get along so well.
Appreciated the pics from the cemetery. We thought of all of you today and wondered how you made out.
I couldn't believe the weather today! I was supposed to be inside grading and planning but sat outside with Fred in the sun and soaked as much of it up as possible! (Like Cole, I also decided to try out the swing set that is still in our yard - pretty fun!)
ReplyDeleteForgot to say what a beautiful picture of Heather at the end. She is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteJealous of the cemetery work day! Would have loved to play among the stones with my cousins yesterday.
ReplyDeleteThe new picture at the top of the blog layout is just stunning!
Your blog looks amazing. See you in July for my tutorial!
ReplyDeleteI spent many a day in my youth playing in cemeteries. Nothing like it. The kids look like they are having fun.
Heather, and her blue eyes, are GORGEOUS. I'm jealous! ha ha
Estelle is starting to count the days until she sees your kids (and your swingset) again.
Darlene, your photos are always so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI loved the bee song...what a nice touch.
What a lovely family! We had a nice time with you all on Sunday.
Love,
Aunt Mary
Chris wanted to take down our old swing set, but I said NOOO! So much fun to have Estelle and Asa on it this winter, and to get to push Estelle! I have 2 more tree swings around, so send Cole over! Darlene, your photos, songs, superimposed photos, etc are terrific! You should start your own website company! Grampie must be so proud to see his grandchildren frolicking and working in the cemetary!! Love, Mart
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures & fun music!!
ReplyDeletexo auntie laura