Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Joanie, Martha, Chris, Wes, Wayne, Cole, Heather, and I went to the cemetery today to plant flowers.  Actually, they did all the work, I just took pictures of everyone doing all the work.  See?

Cole felt pretty proud of himself for climbing up here and jumping off.

Back to work.



The man of the hour.  He'll get flowers planted after his stone is repaired by Dennis Choquette.

When we were done at Westlook, we all headed over to Shadow Lake camp for hotdogs, Joanie's rhubarb cole slaw, salads, chips and dessert on the dock - cheesecake brownies with strawberries.  Wayne and Cole did some fishing. They didn't catch anything, but yesterday Wayne caught a 9 inch lake trout.  He was very pleased with himself. He had it for dinner last night.

There was also some splashing...



...and relaxing.

Cedric joined us at the camp after making his own trip to Westlook to plant some flowers. No photo of him.

Wayne works up the nerve to jump off the dock for the first time ever.

He did it.
Lots of sun and fresh air has made everyone tired. Back to reality tomorrow, but there are a lot of fun things going on at school for the next two weeks, so time will fly.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog and pictures of your Memorial Day, Darlene! Martha had called us tonight and told us tales of the day, but it was fun to see all your pictures and hear your stories.

    Little Heather is growing up. The pictures of her make her look like she has lost all her baby looks and is a real little girl now!

    Will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, how did you manage to get this blog posted so soon? You are amazing. Great photos, except for the woman with the red bathing suit who looks like she needs a breast lift, and her left arm looks 2 sizes too long!! Hee Hee! Had a great day with your terrific kids, Wesley and you! So special for Chris & I to get to see them, not just on the blog! WE could not have planted all we did, without their help! Love, Mart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved every snippet and photo on this post, especially the comments re: lift operations!
    Thanks Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally was going to comment on the lady in the red bathing suit who has some amazing bicep, tricep and deltoid muscles. Mart- have you been lifting weights? You're RIPPED (translation: "really muscular" in bodybuilding language).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big thanks to Martha, Chris, and Jony for all the flowers, potting soil, tools, etc! -Wes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to mention that after lunch at the lake, Joanie, Martha and Chris, and Wes went on to Barton to plant more flowers there.

    Sandy, I agree with you. In my pre-child days I used to work out at the gym like crazy to try to get arms like Martha's. She makes me so mad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, that's it! I am going to start working my arms out to look like Martha's AND Michelle Obama's!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lake looks gorgeous! I need to get away!

    ReplyDelete