Monday, May 18, 2009

"I Never Want to Leave This Place"

Saturday we went to Susie and Dennis' house for Matt's graduation party. There were a few rain showers on and off, but they have a beautiful house and there was tons of food so it was a lovely party. Between rain showers we had several chances to get outside with the kids to explore the pond and the rest of their amazing grounds. My camera batteries died right before the party so I didn't have time to charge them up. I didn't worry about it because I knew that Sandy would have the party covered for her blog.

But when Dennis brought out the Big Toys, I remembered that Wayne's little $15 ebay camera had been in the car so I was able to get this:



I hope you like it because I had to go to the library (after picking Wayne up from school) and use their "high speed" to upload it. I also have a video of Cole driving the excavator, but even with the faster internet, it took too long to upload and Wayne got restless. He wanted to get home and catch frogs.

After his turn on the excavator, Cole said, in all seriousness, "I love it here. I never want to leave this place." Susie was delighted with that and told him that he and Wayne could come back for a "summer camp" and drive the excavator, dig holes, catch frogs...

4 comments:

  1. I love the new format for the blog - and the pic of Wayne with the froggy! That video is priceless - Ty told me that were having fun, but I didn't realize they were actually making the excavator move around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was amazing! I bet Wayne was just thrilled. Not too many boys that age get to move a digger. That's pretty cool!

    I, too, noticed the new blog format and liked Wayne with the frog and the dandelion field border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord I've been waiting 3 days for something on here! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I was there, amazed, but to see it all over is still amazing!!!! Darlene, what a beautiful banner and border!!
    SAM

    ReplyDelete