Wes got up with Heather at 5:30 so I could sleep in. I lounged in bed until almost 8:00 when the whole family came bounding into the room with a tray of homemade waffles with our own maple syrup, orange juice, coffee, and this giant balloon. Cole said he picked it out himself.

Cole gave me a penny and a piece of chocolate from his Easter bunny. If you know Cole, then you know that giving away anything sweet is like giving away gold.
Yesterday there was another T-ball game. Wayne was the catcher.
Wayne and Dante between innings. I feel like this picture of Wayne is a foreshadowing of what he will look like in about 10 years.
Fintan is not 5 yet so he is not able to play T-ball this year, but Cole is happy to have him at the games to play with while waiting for his turn at bat.
Wayne and Ben.
Wes gives Ben some advice on the pitcher's mound. The kids don't actually pitch, the coaches do. I think Wes had his shirt on backwards. Maybe Cole helped him get dressed.
Poor Cole kept yelling, "Daddy! What do I do?"
Back at home, it was clouding up but still warm enough to have lunch on the porch. Heather started out the day wearing tights with this dress. Then she wanted to take the tights off. Then she wanted them on. Then she wanted them off. Then she wanted them on again, off again. Then she wanted tights on again, but not the same ones. It had to be different ones. Then she wanted to take her diaper off and wear a pair of underwear that Estelle had left here, but when it was time to pee she wanted the diaper back on and refused to try the potty, crying, "NO! I don't wike it, da potty!" It was a long day. I really needed that breakfast in bed this morning.Happy Mother's Day!
Here's a link to a funny NPR Mother's Day radio story that Joanie told me about.


How nice that they served you breakfast in bed, Darlene! You certainly deserve it as you are one of the best mothers ever!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day Darlene....I had never heard the Baseball Song by Kenny Loggins so enjoyed that!
ReplyDeleteHope to see you all at Matt's party! xo auntie laura
I am back online at home...for the moment anyway, so am happy to post a comment! Darlene, you deserve breakfast in bed every day! Happy Mother's Day!!!!! I loved Wayne's cards!!
ReplyDeleteSAM
all right, what's with the blog spruce up? You are always one-upping me! I can see I'm going to have to get busy and update my blog background! Yours looks GREAT! Love Wayne and the frog!
ReplyDelete