King for a day. Cole got this birthday crown at school.

His party started with the kids coming to our house on the school bus. Wes was home early and had a treasure hunt all lined up.
.jpg)
They're searching for clues.
.jpg)
Joanie helps keep things under control. I have to say here that these birthday parties would not be possible without Joanie's help. She helped keep the kids in line, serve cake and dinner, and clean up. It was a wild scene, so it was great to have her here.
.jpg)
The treasure hunt ended with this wooden treasure box filled with party favor bags. Inside each party favor bag was a little April Fool's gag gift such as stinky perfume, fake spilled nail polish, a plastic "ice cube" with a bug inside it, or soap that makes you more dirty instead of clean. The kids could go home and prank their families.
.jpg)
Then they used their bags to fill with pinata candy.
.jpg)
You gotta hand it to Spongebob. He just keeps smiling through the whole thing.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Then it was time to wash up for dinner, at which point the kids discovered this (fake) poop on the toilet seat. Yes, I have sunk to new lows of 6-year-old humor, but what can I say? Screams of delighted disgust rang through the house.
.jpg)
Since it was April Fool's Day, we decided to have cake before dinner. Or is this really cake? On April Fool's Day you never know....
.jpg)
Cole blows out his candle.
.jpg)
The kids are disgusted to find that the cake is really meatloaf with mashed potato frosting, Cole's favorite meal.
.jpg)
Heather started crying and was inconsolable for the rest of the night.
.jpg)
Fintan didn't like the mashed potato cake either, but at least he was good humored about it.
.jpg)
This was the real cake, chocolate with buttercream frosting. The real thing. But there's something hidden under the cake pedistal...
.JPG)
...a remote control fart machine. When Cole blew out the candles, the cake mysteriously started farting. Yup, all time new lows for me.
.jpg)
But it was fun and Cole loved it so it was all worth it.
.jpg)
Playtime.
.jpg)
We were so happy to have Grammie here for Cole's birthday and for Grandparent's Day at school the other day.
.jpg)
Wayne made Cole this Monster House pillow all by himself. Stuffed and sewed.
.jpg)
Whew. No birthdays around here for a while. Thank goodness.
I just shared this with my 7th graders! They were all cracking up! Yesterday one of my 7th graders planted a whoopie cushion under the couch in my classroom for the 8th graders to sit on. That type of humor continues for quite a while! What a fun party! (I love the meatloaf cake!)
ReplyDeleteIt is 8:15 p.m. and I have just left the apartment for the first time since 5 p.m. yesterday. I went to buy toilet paper, paper towels, more disinfectant, more laundry detergent, and a bottle of red wine. Thomas poured me a glass of Sancerre and I said to him "I'm going to check and see if Darlene has posted photos of Cole's party. I don't want to speak to anyone or have anyone vomit on me or near me for 10 minutes." This post was a GREAT reward for me and I have been chortling out loud. AMAZING job Darlene. Wow! I am so impressed. Every single thing seems so well thought out. Fabulous. How in God's name will you ever top yourself?
ReplyDeletep.s. I did call last night to wish Cole a Happy Bday but then the vomiting started up again so I had to hang up! We'll try to call him again when this nonsense is all over (hopefully sooner rather than later!!!!!)
ReplyDeleteEmily and Anna think this is the best party EVER. We love love love the meatloaf cake, and that the real cake farted. You are so creative! We still remember how Wesley used to fool us with fake poop when we were little-- no wonder your three are so funny!
ReplyDeleteLoved, loved, loved it! Joan had filled me in on the party, but it was great fun to see all the pictures that went along with her stories. What a great party. I bet Cole and the children won't forget this one for a while! Darlene, you are so clever and talented to arrange all of this!
ReplyDeleteLoved the monster house pillow that Wayne sewed for Cole. That is so special
Oh, Darlene- what a MEMORABLE April Fools' Day Birthday Party- those kids (besides Heather, haha) must have LOVED it!!!! I'm coming to you for pointers when Elijah gets old enough for "Friend Parties." Great job, Cole looks pleased :-)
ReplyDeleteDarlene, when Addy was 6 we did a treasure hunt and the boys were all dressed as pirates and Chris hid in the meadow, next to the buried treasure, and scared them. Your wonderful party brought back memories of it, as well as Wesley's fake vomit, etc pranks over the years. What a terrific party Cole had, and you could have fooled me about the meatloaf cake! Love the photo of sulking Heather!!
ReplyDeleteLove the cake! Great idea. Thanks for letting me know about your blog! Polly @ Helping Little Hands
ReplyDelete